A week or two ago, I was tagged by Elyse from Let’s Get Writeral, and she gave me the Liebster Award! I’ve never gotten a blog award before, so I was super excited to hear about it.
Here’s how the Liebster Award works:
1. Tell 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions from your tagger
3. Tag 11 people, and give them 11 questions
I sat down thinking, how hard can this be?
Well, it was very hard to come up with 11 facts about myself. It took me quite a while, but I finally thought of all of them.
- I can’t drink soda, juice, punch, or lemonade. They’re all too sweet for me, and I hate the bubbles in soda. Even if I’m sick, I can’t drink soda.
- I have really tiny feet – I wear a three or four in a kids size, and most woman’s shoes don’t have sizes that fit me.
- I read War and Peace when I was fourteen, and actually liked it.
- I’m a Disney freak. I’ve seen most of the movies and know all the songs.
- I can play both the piano and violin. I haven’t had lessons in years, but I still remember how to play.
- I’ve been homeschooled my whole life, and I wouldn’t ever change that. I love all of my homeschooled friends and the crazy things we do.
- I will sing anything, anywhere. Well, I don’t like singing in front of people. Something about having an audience scares me. But if no one’s around, I’ll start singing.
- I hate makeup. I only use it if Mom forces me to or if we have an interview. Unfortunately for me, we have interviews quite often.
- I love being with kids. I volunteer at my local library for their Story Hour, and I miss my kids when Story Hour isn’t in session. They love me, and I love them.
- I love the TV show Once Upon A Time. Just ask my siblings. 😀
- I spend my days working our family business. It’s a crazy life, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything!
Now the questions from Elyse:
What was the book that broke your BIG BOOKS fear?
Probably War And Peace. A friend of mine had been talking about it for forever, and he got it for his birthday. A month or two after that he asked me if I wanted to borrow it, saying that he didn’t have time to read it. Well, I wasn’t going to pass up the chance to read one of his books before he did. That never happens! So I borrowed it and read it in a month. No one ever believes me when I say that I’ve read it. LOL
What is the worst nickname you’ve ever had? The best?
I haven’t had very many nicknames. My Mom used to call me Munchkin, when I was under the age of ten. The one that I’ve had since childhood is Squirt, which is why my blog has the name it does. But my favorite nickname I’ve ever had was the one my crew gave me on my Outward Bound trip. They called me Dora, like Dora the Explorer. Their reason? I’m short, I wore a purple shirt, and I had a backpack. I was happy when they called me that. But if anyone else ever tried to call me Dora, I would get upset. I’m weird like that.
Who is your least favorite out of all your characters?
Dan, the bully from Maria’s school. I had so much fun letting Ricardo belittle him. It was awesome.
If you could have any pet in the world, what would it be and why?
I’d probably stick with the pet I have, my cat Ginger. She is the best cat ever, and I love her. 🙂
Do you have a name in any other language? (Sign names count!)
Which book out of the last five you read was your favorite?
Oh, I have no idea. I don’t even remember which books were the last five I read!
Would you rather carry a purse, a backpack, or just a wallet?
One of those drawstring backpacks. I love them. I use them until they wear out, and then I get a new one!
Do you draw your characters?
Nope, since I can’t draw at all. I do have a mental image of them though.
What was the funniest thing that happened to you?
I honestly have no idea with this one. With seven younger siblings, there are a lot of funny things happening.
Can you or can you not do a back flip?
I can’t. I have trouble doing a cartwheel – there is no way I’d be able to do a back flip.
High heels, cute flats, or Converse?
None of those. I’ll stick with my sneakers and boots. But not cowboy boots – muck/rain boots or hiking boots. I’m not fancy with my clothes.
The people I’m tagging:
Amber from A Day Without Sushi
Breanna from DuskGate.com
Gina from Namaste By Day
Ilana from IlanaWaters.com
Kristen from KristenJett.com
Moni from Moni-Marie.blogspot.com
Murphy from Murphy’s Pub
Patricia from PatriciaLynne.com
Renee from Elsetime and Otherwhen
Skye from Skye’s Scribblings
Tui from Mental Mosaic
My questions for the people I tagged:
- What are three of your weirdest pet peeves?
- What is your favorite song? Do you have one?
- Have you ever gone camping? Where?
- If you could travel back in time, where and when would you go, and why?
- T-shirt and jeans or something fancier?
- Coffee, Tea, or Soda?
- Sweet or Salty snacks?
- Does everything have to be neat and clean for you to be happy, or is a mess ok?
- What do you do for a living?
- What would your dream job be?
- Why did you start your blog?
Thanks for tagging me, Elyse!